Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sometime Around Midnight

Entry 10 1:38pm


Ezra: "What do you mean 'I love you but you deserve better?' That doesn't even make sense Ayla! Do you have any idea about what you're even saying to me right now?"

Ayla: "It's just that I think there's better than me and you should be happy..."

Ezra: "So if I wanted..'better'...don't you think that I would've gone after someone..'better'..by now? It's been 3 years, Ayla. I'm pretty sure I would of dropped you if you weren't making the audition that I'm apparently putting you through."

Ayla: "Ezra...You just don't understand what I'm trying to say! You see, I know what..."

Ezra: "I DON'T UNDERSTAND!??? Oh please! I understand exactly what I'm hearing. Maybe you're trying to tell me something else. You want me to read in between the lines? Ok, how about this! You're just too afraid to keep going because you think that I might leave you and get bored with you. So you think that by letting me go in a 'nice' way, I will completely understand, save you from possibly getting your heart broken, and then call it a day. Is that it?"

Ayla: "...No, It's just.."

Ezra: "No no no! You know what!? That is FUCKED up!! So to save yourself from a broken heart, you'll cut mine in half, make me feel like I'm not worth an ounce of attempt, tell me I deserve better, and go off on your merry way while I stand from the sidelines and watch you actually "try" with another person sometime later? This is what I heard. This is what I understand from what you said. If there is something else, just tell me. Be honest. If you think I suck as a partner, well tell me! But I rather you tell me that, than some kind of 'you deserve better' crap."

Ayla: "..."

Ezra: "I'll wait for you to say something..."

Ayla: "What do you see in me?"

Ezra: "...Are you really asking me this? After three years...You don't believe anything I've told you. Do you!?. Anything at all???"

Ayla: "I'm sorry. I do believe the things you say but I seem to have trouble believing it in myself. I'm not asking you to understand me, but I knew that you wouldn't understand anyways so instead I decided to tell you in the way that might make better sense."

Ezra: "Why couldn't you just say so? You mean more to me than my own..."

Ayla: "Don't....just don't. Look...it's almost midnight...I got to go. I'll talk to you later..."

(Exit Ayla)

Ezra: "You're right...I don't understand. Maybe I've failed to tell you how I really feel...Maybe I just shouldn't bother anymore. Why make you a priority when you only make me an option? I guess it really is over...It really is..."


No comments:

Post a Comment